625 Park Avenue
625 Park Avenue is a co-op residential building in the Lenox Hill neighborhood of Manhattan's Upper East Side at the intersection of East 65th Street and Park Avenue. It is noted for its spacious residences and well-known residents.
|625 Park Avenue|
|Location||625 Park Avenue, Lenox Hill, Upper East Side, Manhattan, New York City, U.S.|
|Height||155 feet (47 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||James Edwin Ruthven Carpenter, Jr.|
The building at 999 Park Avenue was designed by Park Avenue architect James Edwin Ruthven Carpenter, Jr. often referred to by the initialism "J.E.R. Carpenter". Carpenter has many designs on the avenue and together with Rosario Candela is considered among its primary influencers. 625 Park Avenue was developed in 1929 by builder Louis Kauffman, who would later occupy an apartment in the building. The building is 13 stories tall and houses a total of 32 units.
- Leon Hess – Founder and President of Hess Corporation and one-time owner of the New York Jets.
- Sy Syms – Founder and owner of Syms Corporation discount clothing retailer, and benefactor of Yeshiva University's Syms School of Business.
- Helena Rubinstein
- Ira Rennert
- Joesph V. McKee – Politician, New York City mayor for three months in 1932.
- David Simon – Son of Mel Simon, and current CEO of Simon Malls.
- Henry Kravis – Co-founder of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- Princess Ashraf of Iran – Twin sister of the deposed Shah.
- "DESCRIPTION FOR 625 PARK AVENUE". streeteasy.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Sola, Katie. "Look Inside A Real Estate CEO's Palatial $40 Million Park Avenue Apartment [Photos]". Forbes. forbes.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- NETTO, DAVID (April 28, 2017). "Is This Park Avenue Penthouse the Best Apartment in New York?". townandcountrymag.com. Town & Country. Retrieved 13 July 2017.