321 North Clark
321 North Clark at Riverfront Plaza is a 35-story, 155.45 m (510.0 ft) skyscraper constructed from 1983 to 1987 in Chicago, Illinois. The tower was built by BCE Development Properties and designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill as part of the Riverfront Plaza development on the north bank of the Chicago River.
|321 North Clark at Riverfront Plaza|
|Location||321 North Clark Street|
|Owner||Hines Interests Limited Partnership|
|Management||Hines Interests Limited Partnership|
|Roof||155.45 m (510.0 ft)|
|Floor area||83,000 m2 (890,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill|
|Developer||Hines Interests Limited Partnership|
BCE Development Properties
|Structural engineer||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill|
|Main contractor||PCL Construction Management Inc.|
321 North Clark opened in April 1987 and was named "city development of the year" by the Chicago Sun-Times. The building was originally named Quaker Tower after its anchor tenant, the Quaker Oats Company. Quaker moved to a new headquarters in 2002. Currently 321 North Clark is owned by Hines Interests Limited Partnership and houses the headquarters of the American Bar Association, among other tenants.
- "321 North Clark". CTBUH Skyscraper Center.
- 321 North Clark at Emporis
- 321 North Clark at Glass Steel and Stone (archived)
- "321 North Clark". SkyscraperPage.
- 321 North Clark at Structurae
- Davis, Jerry C. (May 26, 1988). "Trade center not just another pretty facade". Chicago Sun-Times – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Archived from the original on October 11, 2014. Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- Davis, Jerry C. (December 13, 1987). "To those who mold the skyline". Chicago Sun-Times – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Archived from the original on October 10, 2014. Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- Nemes, Judith (June 18, 2001). "New owners try to conquer space; Quaker Tower vacancies loom large". Crain's Chicago Business – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved October 11, 2012.[dead link]
- "321 North Clark at Riverfront Plaza". Hines Interests. Retrieved October 11, 2012.