|Alexa rank||1,731 (December 2017[update])|
The network was started in 2010, and has been cited as a source by other sports news media, including the Dallas Morning News and the Washington Post. The site has also provided special reports on recruiting to sports news media including Sports Illustrated.
247sports was founded in 2010 by Shannon B Terry, with a Series A $6.4 million round. 247sports has developed into arguably the #1 recruiting site in the nation. Consistently ranked as a top 10 overall digital sports media brand according to comScore (30.0 million unique visitors in October 2017), more than 30 million social followers, and 3 million daily newsletter subscribers, 247Sports reaches fans via team-specific online publications and websites, VIP insider subscription services, online news feeds, social platforms, daily newsletters, vibrant communities and mobile apps as well as through its exclusive partnership with CBSSports.com.
On November 28, 2012, 247Sports announced a content partnership with CBS Sports, in which 247Sports would provide content for its digital platforms (including CBSSports.com), and CBS Sports Digital would handle advertising sales for the site.
In May 2013, 247Sports reached a long-term agreement to become the official online selection partner of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and the U.S. Army National Combine, replacing its competitor Rivals.com.
In December 2015, CBS announced that it had acquired 247Sports.
On October 10, 2017, 247Sports announced a partnership with Pro Football Focus, in which it will provide coverage of Division I FBS college football for the website, including a PFF College microsite and integration of its player grades and rankings across 247Sports.
In 2019 readers criticized 247Sports for posting on its page devoted to the Michigan State University men's basketball program adverse information about its opponents not pertinent to the Spartans team. Reader responses requesting removal of these posts have not been answered.
The individual collegiate conferences covered include:
- "247sports.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- "Plano West RB Auston Anderson turns downs offers from Baylor, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech to commit to Northwestern". Dallas Morning News. 2013-05-09. Archived from the original on 2013-07-21. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "Massachusetts RB Johnathan Thomas commits to Maryland". Washington Post. 2013-05-09.
- "Predicting where top uncommitted prospects will land on Signing Day". Sports Illustrated. 2011-02-01.
- "CBSSports.com Strikes Content Partnership Deal With 247Sports.com". Sports Business Daily. 2012-11-29.
- "247Sports gets 'big win' with CBS partnership". Nashville Business Journal. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
- "247Sports.com To Replace Rivals As Online Selection Partner For All-American Bowl". Sports Business Daily. 2013-05-07.
- "CBS Acquires Digital-Sports Site 247Sports". Variety. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "247Sports.com Lands Deal With Pro Football Focus That Will Result In New CFB Site". Sports Business Daily. Retrieved 2017-10-11.(subscription required)
- "Recruiting shakeup: 247Sports has purchased Scout". 2017-02-01. Retrieved 2018-05-12.
- "Find your team". 247Sports.com.