2019 College Basketball Invitational
The 2019 College Basketball Invitational (CBI) was a single-elimination men's college basketball tournament consisting of 16 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I teams that did not participate in the 2019 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament or the NIT. It was held from March 19 through April 5, 2019 in various arenas. This event marked the 12th year the tournament has been held.
|Finals site||Yuengling Center|
|Champions||South Florida (1st title)|
|Runner-up||DePaul (1st title game)|
|Winning coach||Brian Gregory (1st title)|
|MVP||David Collins (South Florida)|
|Team||Conference||Overall record||Conference record|
|Cal State Northridge||Big West||13–20||7–9|
|Coastal Carolina||Sun Belt||15–16||9–9|
|Loyola Marymount||West Coast||20–11||8–8|
|Southern Miss||Conference USA||20–12||11–7|
|Stony Brook||America East||24–8||12–4|
|West Virginia||Big 12||14–20||4–14|
The following programs declined an invitation to play in the CBI.
The 2019 CBI had 16 teams organized into four regional brackets of four teams. The four teams that advanced to the semifinals were reseeded. The finals were a best-of-three series.
|March 19||9:00 pm||Cal State Northridge at Utah Valley||WAC DN||84–92||375|
|March 20||7:00 pm||Grand Canyon at West Virginia||Frontier||63–77||5,313|
|7:00 pm||Howard at Coastal Carolina||ESPN+||72–81||779|
|7:00 pm||Stony Brook at South Florida||Bullvision||79–82OT||1,705|
|7:00 pm||Southern Miss at Longwood||ESPN+||68–90||1,372|
|7:00 pm||UAB at Brown||ESPN+||78–83||683|
|8:00 pm||Central Michigan at DePaul||86–100||1,173|
|10:00 pm||Loyola Marymount at California Baptist||WAC DN||56–55||2,346|
|March 25||7:00 pm||Coastal Carolina at West Virginia||109–91||6,775|
|7:00 pm||Utah Valley at South Florida||Bullvision||57–66||1,679|
|8:00 pm||Longwood at DePaul||NBCSN Chicago+||89–97||1,040|
|10:00 pm||Brown at Loyola Marymount||TheW.tv||63–81||657|
|March 27||8:00 pm||Coastal Carolina at DePaul||87–92||939|
|March 28||7:00 pm||Loyola Marymount at South Florida||47–56||1,658|
|Championship series (Best of 3)|
|April 1||7:00 pm||DePaul at South Florida||ESPNU||61–63||2,375|
|April 3||8:00 pm||South Florida at DePaul||96–100OT||1,704|
|April 5||7:00 pm||South Florida at DePaul||77–65||1,876|
|*Game times in ET|
April 1, 3, 5
|Cal State Northridge||84|
* Denotes overtime period.
Home teams listed first.
- "It's official. Let the games begin!". College Basketball Invitational. Twitter. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- Hicks, Stephen (March 18, 2019). "Fresno State snubbed from NIT bid and declines to play in postseason". KFSN-TV. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- "BGSU won't accept postseason tournament invite". The Blade. Block Communications. March 18, 2019. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- Edwards, Mark (March 17, 2019). "JSU basketball: No NCAA, NIT bid for Gamecocks, who turned down CIT and CBI". The Anniston Star. Consolidated Publishing Co. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- Gorcey, Ryan (March 18, 2019). "USF Dons basketball snubbed from NIT, will not accept invites to CBI or CIT". The San Francisco Examiner. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- Call, Jeff (March 18, 2019). "BYU shut out of NIT, decides to end its season". Deseret News. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- "Derrin Hansen, UNO men's basketball turn down CBI bid, thank 'growing fanbase' for support". Omaha World-Herald. March 18, 2019. Retrieved March 18, 2019.