2013 Country Music Association Awards
The 2013 Country Music Association Awards, 47th Annual Ceremony, is a music award ceremony that was held on November 6, 2013, at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee. The show was hosted by Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood.
|2013 Country Music Association Awards|
|Date||November 6, 2013|
|Location||Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Hosted by||Brad Paisley |
|Most awards||Blake Shelton (2) |
Tim McGraw (2)
|Most nominations||Taylor Swift (6) |
Kacey Musgraves (6)
Kacey Musgraves and Taylor Swift led the nominations with 6 each, followed by Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert who had 5 each. George Strait took home the night's top honor, entertainer of the year. Blake Shelton garnered two awards, for male vocalist of the year and album of the year, while Tim McGraw won two trophies as well for video of the year and musical event of the year.
At the ceremony, Taylor Swift became the second artist ever (and the first woman) to receive the Pinnacle Award, to honor her astounding success as a country artist & for spreading the awareness and appreciation for country music worldwide. When Swift received the Pinnacle, the CMA began playing a video displaying her achievements, which included having sold 26 million albums and 75 million song downloads. Appearances were made by Justin Timberlake, Mick Jagger, Ethel Kennedy, Ellen DeGeneres, Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts and others to congratulate Swift on this honor. Swift also received the International Artist Achievement Award for spreading the awareness and appreciation for country music on an international level. This was the second time she honored with this award.
- Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line — "That's My Kind of Night" & "Cruise"
- Kacey Musgraves — "Follow Your Arrow"
- Jason Aldean — "Night Train"
- Little Big Town — "Sober"
- Taylor Swift featuring Vince Gill, Alison Krauss, Edgar Meyer & Eric Darken — "Red"
- Lady Antebellum — "Compass"
- Florida Georgia Line — "'Round Here"
- Miranda Lambert & Keith Urban — "We Were Us"
- Hunter Hayes featuring Jason Mraz — "Everybody's Got Somebody But Me"
- Tim McGraw — "Southern Girl"
- Blake Shelton — "Mine Would Be You"
- The Band Perry — "Don't Let Me Be Lonely"
- Eric Church — "The Outsiders"
- Zac Brown Band featuring Dave Grohl — "Day For The Dead"
- Brad Paisley — "The Mona Lisa"
- Jennifer Nettles, Rascal Flatts & Darius Rucker — Tribute to Kenny Rogers
- Luke Bryan — "Drink a Beer"
- Alan Jackson & George Strait — "He Stopped Loving Her Today"
- Carrie Underwood — "Good Girl", "Blown Away", "Two Black Cadillacs", "See You Again"
Winners and nomineesEdit
 Winners are shown in bold.
|Entertainer of the Year||Album of the Year|
|Male Vocalist of the Year||Female Vocalist of the Year|
|Vocal Group of the Year||Vocal Duo of the Year|
|Single of the Year||Song of the Year (Songwriters' Award)|
|New Artist of the Year||Musician of the Year|
|Music Video of the Year||Musical Event of the Year|
|Pinnacle Award||International Artist Achievement Award|
- Willie, Jase, Korie, and Missy Robertson presented Single of the Year
- Sheryl Crow presented Album of the Year
- Lee Brice, Brett Eldredge, and Kip Moore presented Vocal Duo of the Year
- Hunter Hayes and Jason Mraz presented New Artist of the Year
- Kellie Pickler and Diddy presented Vocal Group of the Year
- Kelly Clarkson presented Male Vocalist of the Year
- Charles Esten and Connie Britton presented Female Vocalist of the Year
- Robin Roberts presented Entertainer of the Year
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-13. Retrieved 2014-07-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.cmaworld.com/initiatives/international/international-awards/#intl-artist Archived 2015-02-01 at the Wayback Machine