1985 French Open
The 1985 French Open was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor clay courts at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The tournament was held from 27 May until 9 June. It was the 89th staging of the French Open, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1985.
|1985 French Open|
|Date||27 May – 9 June|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Draw||128S / 64D / 48X|
|Surface||Clay / outdoor|
|Location||Paris (XVIe), France|
|Venue||Stade Roland Garros|
|Mats Wilander |
|Chris Evert |
|Mark Edmondson / Kim Warwick |
|Martina Navratilova / Pam Shriver |
|Martina Navratilova / Heinz Günthardt |
- It was Wilander's 4th career Grand Slam title, and his 2nd French Open title.
- It was Evert's 17th career Grand Slam title, and her 6th French Open title.
Total prize money for the event was FF19,895,600.
- Abt, Samuel (1985-06-10). "Wilander Topples Lendl in 4-Set Final". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- "ATP – 1985 Roland Garros Men's Singles Draw". ATP.
- Trengove, Alan (1985-06-10). "Gutsy Lloyd Outlasts Off-form Navratilova". Paris, France: Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- "WTA Tournament Archive – 1985 Roland Garros" (PDF). WTA.
- "ATP – 1985 Roland Garros Men's Doubles Draw". ATP.
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 390, 397, 400, 402–3. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Gilles Delamarre (1991). Roland Garros : Le Livre du Tournoi du Centenaire. Paris: Fédération Française de Tennis. pp. 240–245. ISBN 2906450510.
- John Barrett, ed. (1987). World of Tennis 1986. London: Willow Books. p. 83. ISBN 978-0002182096.
1984 Australian Open
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by|
1985 Wimbledon Championships