1980 Winter Paralympics
The 1980 Winter Paralympic Games (Norwegian: Paralympiske vinterleker 1980), the second Winter Paralympics, were held from 1 to 7 February 1980 in Geilo, Norway. Eighteen countries took part with 299 athletes. A demonstration event was held in sledge downhill racing. All classes of athletes with locomotor disabilities were able to participate. Organized by the International Stoke Mandeville Games Federation (ISMGF) and the International Sports Federation of the Disabled (ISOD).
|Host city||Geilo, Norway|
|Events||63 in 2 sports|
The top 10 NPCs by number of gold medals are listed below. The host nation (Norway) is highlighted.
|Totals (10 nations)||63||54||51||168|
- "Participation - Geilo 1980 Paralympic Winter Games". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 2010-04-03.
- "Geilo 1980". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- Benchmark Games: The Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games, By Richard Cashman, Simon Darcy
- History and Use of the Term Paralympic, International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
- brjsmed00262-0045.pdf, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Paralympics (Swedish), biblioteket.se
- Pictures from the opening of the Games at geilonaturfoto.com