1974 Australian Drivers' Championship
The 1974 Australian Drivers' Championship was a CAMS sanctioned national motor racing title for drivers of Australian Formula 1 and Australian Formula 2 racing cars with the championship winner awarded the 1974 CAMS "Gold Star".
The title was contested over a six round series with Rounds 1, 2 & 3 each run over two heats and Rounds 4, 5 & 6 each staged as a single race.
- Round 1, Chesterfield Filter Cup, Oran Park, New South Wales, 4 August
- Round 2, The Glynn Scott Memorial Trophy, Surfers Paradise, Queensland, 1 September
- Round 3, Calder Raceway, Victoria, 20 October
- Round 4, Victorian Trophy, Sandown Park, Victoria, 3 November
- Round 5, Australian Grand Prix, Oran Park, New South Wales, 17 November
- Round 6, Phillip Island, Victoria, 24 November 
Championship points were awarded on a 9-6-4-3-2-1 basis to the top six placegetters at each round. Only holders of a CAMS General Competition Licence were eligible, therefore any placings gained by international licence holders were ignored by CAMS when allocating championship points.
|Position||Driver||Car||Entrant||Rd 1||Rd 2||Rd 3||Rd 4||Rd 5||Rd 6||Total |
|1||Max Stewart||Lola T330 Chevrolet||Max Stewart Motors||9||9||9||9||9||6||51|
|2||Kevin Bartlett||Lola T332 Chevrolet||Chesterfield Filter Racing||-||4||6||6||-||9||25|
|3||Phil Moore||Elfin MR5 Repco-Holden||Ansett Team Elfin||3||6||3||4||-||-||16|
|4||Garrie Cooper||Elfin MR5 Repco-Holden||Ansett Team Elfin||-||1||4||-||3||3||11|
|5||John McCormack||Elfin ML6 Leyland
Elfin MR5 Repco-Holden
|Ansett Team Elfin||2||-||-||-||6||-||8|
|6||John Leffler||Bowin P8 Ford||Grace Bros - Levi's Team||1||2||2||2||-||-||7|
|Jon Davison||Matich A50 Repco-Holden||Jon Davison||-||-||-||3||4||-||7|
|8||Warwick Brown||Lola T332 Chevrolet||Pat Burke Racing||6||-||-||-||-||-||6|
|9||John Goss||Matich A53 Repco-Holden||4||-||-||-||-||-||4|
|Kurt Seeberg||Brabham BT36 Ford||Ken Dykes Racing||-||-||-||-||-||4||4|
|11||Bruce Allison||Birrana 274 Ford||-||3||-||-||-||-||3|
|12||Chas Talbot||Birrana 274 Ford||-||-||1||-||-||-||1|
- CAMS Manual of Motor Sport, 1974, pages 84-85
- Australian Competition Yearbook, 1975, pages 68-83
- Australian Motor Racing Annual, 1975, pages 6-11 and 96-97
- Graham Howard; Stewart Wilson; Ray Bell; Des White; Noel Tuckey; John Medley; Mark Durham; Terry Walker (1986). The official 50-race history of the Australian Grand Prix. R&T Publishing. pp. 380–387. ISBN 0-9588464-0-5.
- Jim Shepherd, A History of Australian Motor Sport, 1980, pages 67&68
- Racing Car News, December 1974, Sandown report, pages 38–40
- Racing Car News, December 1974, Oran Park AGP report, pages 60–61
- Racing Car News, January 1975, Phillip Island report, page 60