1966–67 New York Knicks season
The 1966–67 New York Knicks season was the 21st season for the team in the National Basketball Association (NBA). In the regular season, the Knicks finished in fourth place in the Eastern Division with a 36–45 record, earning their first playoff berth in eight years. New York lost in the opening round of the playoffs to the Boston Celtics, three games to one.
|1966–67 New York Knicks season|
|Head coach||Dick McGuire|
|General manager||Eddie Donovan|
|Arena||Madison Square Garden|
|Place||Division: 4th (Eastern)|
|Playoff finish||East Division Semifinals|
(Lost to Celtics 1–3)
Note: This is not an extensive list; it only covers the first and second rounds, and any other players picked by the franchise that played at least one game in the league.
|1||1||Cazzie Russell||G/F||United States||Michigan|
|2||11||Henry Akin||F/C||United States||Morehead State|
|8||69||Mike Silliman||F||United States||Army|
|9||78||Bill Turner||F||United States||Akron|
|12||98||Dave Deutsch||G||United States||Rochester|
|1966–67 New York Knicks roster|
|x-New York Knicks||36||45||.444||32||20–15||9–24||7–6||11–25|
- x – clinched playoff spot
Record vs. opponentsEdit
|1966-67 NBA Records|
East Division SemifinalsEdit
- Game 1 @ Boston: Boston 140, New York 110
- Game 2 @ New York: Boston 115, New York 108
- Game 3 @ Boston: New York 123, Boston 112
- Game 4 @ New York: Boston 118, New York 109
Awards and recordsEdit
- The Fourth Estate (PDF). New York Knicks. 2003. p. 331. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- The Fourth Estate (PDF). New York Knicks. 2003. p. 330. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- "New York Knickerbockers". Basketball-Reference. Archived from the original on 27 April 2009. Retrieved May 27, 2009.
- "1966–67 New York Knickerbockers Roster and Statistics". Basketball-Reference. Archived from the original on 23 April 2009. Retrieved May 27, 2009.
- "1966 NBA Draft". Basketball-Reference. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "All-NBA & All-ABA Teams". Basketball-Reference. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "NBA & ABA All-Rookie Teams". Basketball-Reference. Retrieved July 20, 2013.