1938 International Lawn Tennis Challenge
The 1938 International Lawn Tennis Challenge was the 33rd edition of what is now known as the Davis Cup. 21 teams entered the Europe Zone, while 4 entered the Americas Zone.
|Duration||29 April – 5 September|
|Winning Nation||United States|
Australia defeated Japan in the Americas Zone final, while in the Europe Zone final Germany defeated Yugoslavia. Australia defeated Germany in the Inter-Zonal play-off, but were defeated in the Challenge Round by defending champions the United States. The final was played at the Germantown Cricket Club in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States on 3–5 September.
|Kansas City, MO, United States (clay)|
|Mexico||0||Montreal, Canada (grass)|
|Montreal, Canada (grass)||Japan||1|
Australia vs. Japan
|Mount Royal Tennis Club, Montreal, Canada 
12–14 August 1938
29 April–10 May
|New Zealand||New Zealand|
Germany vs. Yugoslavia
|Rot-Weiss Tennis Club, Berlin, Germany 
29–31 July 1938
Australia vs. Germany
|Longwood Cricket Club, Boston, MA, United States 
18–20 August 1938
United States vs. Australia
|Germantown Cricket Club, Philadelphia, PA, United States 
3–5 September 1938
- The tie between Austria and India was abandoned following the German annexation of Austria in March 1938.
- Bud Collins (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 495–496, 499. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Max Robertson (1974). The Encyclopedia of Tennis. London: Allen & Unwin. p. 384. ISBN 0047960426.
- "United States v Australia". daviscup.com.
- "Australia v Japan". daviscup.com.
- "Germany v Yugoslavia". daviscup.com.
- "Australia v Germany". daviscup.com.