1904 Major League Baseball season
The 1904 Major League Baseball season was contested from April 14 to October 10, 1904. The Boston Americans and New York Giants finished atop standings for the American League and National League, respectively. There was no postseason, as the Giants declined to meet the Americans in a World Series.
|1904 MLB season|
|League||Major League Baseball|
|Duration||April 14 – October 10, 1904|
|Number of games||154|
|Number of teams||16|
|AL champions||Boston Americans|
|AL runners-up||New York Highlanders|
|NL champions||New York Giants|
|NL runners-up||Chicago Cubs|
Regular-season schedules were increased this season from 140 games to 154 games, with each team now playing the other seven teams in the same league 22 times apiece; this scheduling would be used through the 1918 season.
The St. Louis Browns and Detroit Tigers played 11 consecutive games against each other in September—the first six in Detroit and the final five in St. Louis—the most games played consecutively between two teams in major league history.
No postseason was held this year.
- "The 1904 Detroit Tigers Regular Season Game Log". Retrosheet. Retrieved October 9, 2020.
- "Games Played by Teams Record Book". Baseball-Almanac.com. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- Pellowski, Michael J (2007). The Little Giant Book of Baseball Facts. United States: Sterling Publishing Co. pp. 352. ISBN 9781402742736.
- 1904 in baseball history from ThisGreatGame.com
- 1904 Major League Baseball season schedule at Baseball Reference
|This article relating to a Major League Baseball season is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|